search
top

Orwell Presbyterian Church

Orwell, Ohio 1841 In 1831, a group of settlers formed a Congregational Church. It met in homes until the church members constructed the church from hand hewn logs and other local materials. The Church became Presbyterian in 1846, and in 1917 it joined a federation with the Disciples of Christ Church. The architectural history of the church is an example of the ongoing evolution of a religious building in... read more

Orwell United Methodist Church

Orwell, Ohio 1889 The church was organized in 1822. A wooden church preceded the current brick church on the site. During the late 1890s, the membership was large and active. Church services were conducted Sunday morning and evening, with Sunday School and bible study groups meeting during the day. Members were also expected to attend midweek prayer meetings and annual midwinter revival meetings, which... read more

United Methodist Church

Leon, Ohio 1877 The church was organized in 1861 by the United Brethren in Christ denomination. In 1946 the church merged with the Evangelical Church, and in 1968 joined with the Methodists. The original church building has received numerous renovations and additions. In 1918 The Ladies Aid room, belfry, and large stained glass window in the front of the church were added. In 1950 the basement was added... read more

First Congregational United Church of Christ

Andover, Ohio 1845 The congregation was organized in 1832. The property on which the church is located, donated by a church member, originally extended clear to the town square. The spire and Tiffany windows were added in later in the century, paid for by the sale of the property west of the church. Even without its large west yard, the church has an imposing location on a hillside overlooking the town. A... read more

Rome Presbyterian Church

Rome, Ohio 1836 A group of Congregationalist settlers, formed as a congregation in 1819, built the church. It became a Presbyterian Church in 1885. The square tower consists of two parts, divided by a balcony. It has four gothic windows, facing north, south, east, and west. Four minarets form its crown, connected by a wall, reminiscent of English baronial architecture. The first floor windows look... read more
Page 1 of 212
top