Burton Congregational Church

Burton, Ohio 1835 The church was organized in 1808. In 1850, the building was moved to its current location. It has had several major renovations. The church is beautifully situated on the town square, near the town hall, library, fire department, and a large historical park. It forms part of the downtown area of this historic village. Architectural Style: Carpenter Gothic Address: 14558 W. Park St.... read more

Independence Presbyterian Church

Independence, Ohio 1855 The Missionary Association of Connecticut formed the congregation in 1837 with seven members. The meetings first were held in a log school house and then the town hall. In 1862 the congregation became Presbyterian in form. The building is constructed of local sandstone, and is located on the west side of the town square, in the historic downtown district. Today, the old sandstone... read more

Congregational Church

The congregation, the oldest in the Western Reserve, was organized with the help of circuit rider Rev. Joseph Badger in 1801. In 1811, Sybill Austin traveled alone, 800 miles on horseback, to Connecticut to find a pastor for the church, and succeeded in recruiting Rev. Giles H. Cowles. In the 1840s the church canceled its affiliation with the Presbyterian Church and identified itself with the... read more

Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church

Valley City, Ohio 1894 The congregation was established in 1831, and constructed a wooden church at a nearby site in 1838. The church was founded by German settlers to Liverpool Township. Services were exclusively in German until 1924, and men and women sat on either side of the sanctuary. The church is located in the countryside outside of Valley City, on a hillside, adjacent to the church cemetery. Land... read more