Now, St. James Meeting House
Boardman, Ohio 1828
The Parish of St. James began in Boardman in 1807; members were settlers to the region. The Boardman family donated the land, money and some materials for the church building. The church was consecrated in 1828. It is the oldest public building in Boardman and is believed to be the oldest church in the Western Reserve of the Northwest Territory. In 1971...
Poland, Ohio 1897
The Poland Presbyterian Church has been located at the Village Green in Poland since 1802. The present church building is the fourth on the site. The church is beautifully situated in a large park, established by early Ohio founder Turhand Kirtland. The park also contains a pioneer cemetery, containing the graves of several Revolutionary War veterans. The town was named for Polish...
The congregation, established in 1818, originally combined the Presbyterian and Congregational denominations. The church is located at the major township intersection of Ohio 45 and US 224. The church is located on a small hillside, set back from the streets by a large, sloping yard.
Architectural Style: Carpenter Gothic
Address: U.S. Route 224, Ellsworth,...