search
top

Christ Church Episcopal

Oberlin, Ohio 1859 The parish, originally in LaPorte, was organized in 1836-1840, as the first Catholic Church formed between Cleveland and Sandusky . In 1865 the church building was moved to the present site in Grafton. The parish name was changed from St. John of the Cross to Immaculate Conception, and work began on the new building. Newly opened stone quarries brought German, Irish, and Polish ... read more

Immaculate Conception Church

Grafton, Ohio 1867-1871 The parish, originally in LaPorte, was organized in 1836-1840, as the first Catholic Church formed between Cleveland and Sandusky . In 1865 the church building was moved to the present site in Grafton. The parish name was changed from St. John of the Cross to Immaculate Conception, and work began on the new building. Newly opened stone quarries brought German, Irish, and Polish... read more

First Congregational Church

Painesville, Ohio 1862 The Connecticut Missionary Society organized the congregation in 1810. Named “The First Church in Painesville,” it was organized under the Plan of Union, linking the Congregational and Presbyterian church policies. After leaving the “Union,” the church was first Presbyterian for a decade, then independent for another decade on the slavery issue, and finally in 1862 it became... read more

St. Paul’s Episcopal Church

Medina, Ohio 1884 The congregation was established in 1817. Two earlier churches, a log church and a frame building, housed the congregation until the present church was completed in 1884. A parish hall and an office wing are later additions. The stone for the building was quarried locally, in Berea. The bell in the belfry was taken from the original wooden church. In 1937, to celebrate the 120th... read more

United Church of Christ Congregational

Medina, Ohio 1881-82 The church was organized in 1819. For several years it shared a log church with the Episcopalians, who now have a stone structure next door. The current church is the second on the site, which is adjacent to the town square, in downtown Medina. The congregation has been part of the town since its founding. During the Abolitionist Movement, the church split over slavery; all members... read more
Page 6 of 12« First...45678...Last »
top