search
top

Vienna Methodist Church

Vienna, Ohio 1850 Methodists in the area built their first church in 1803, at a point then known as Methodist Corners. The present building, completed in 1850, was originally heated by two coal stoves. In the late nineteenth century, the interior was rebuilt and new pews were installed. A basement was added in 1913. To meet the needs of a growing congregation, the church was enlarged in 1948. The ... read more

Gustavus Federated Church

Gustavus, Ohio 1856 Originally a Congregational Church, it consolidated with the Methodist and Christian Churches in 1950 to form the Hartford Community Church . The lovely stained glass windows were installed in 1911. The sanctuary has the original pews and furnishings. Architectural Style: Greek Revival Address 3312 State Route 7, Hartford,... read more

Hartford Community Church

Hartford, Ohio 1846 Originally a Congregational Church, it consolidated with the Methodist and Christian Churches in 1950 to form the Hartford Community Church . The lovely stained glass windows were installed in 1911. The sanctuary has the original pews and furnishings. Architectural Style: Greek Revival Address 3312 State Route 7, Hartford,... read more

Congregational and Presbyterian Church

Kinsman, Ohio 1833 The congregation, called the First United Congregational and Presbyterian Church, formed in 1831. The Kinsman family donated the site and substantial funds for the construction of the church, one of the oldest extant church in Trumbull County. The Reverend Joseph Badger, the first missionary to the Western Reserve, preached to the congregation that built the church. The interior... read more

Brookfield Christian Church

Brookfield, Ohio c.1877 The congregation was established early in the 19th century. A minister at that time was Sidney Rigdon, a friend of Alexander Campbell, who founded the Disciples of Christ denomination. Rigdon later converted to Mormonism and became an important figure in the Mormon colony in Kirtland, Ohio. The present church, built after these events, is located on the town green in a ... read more
top