Rome, Ohio 1836
A group of Congregationalist settlers, formed as a congregation in 1819, built the church. It became a Presbyterian Church in 1885. The square tower consists of two parts, divided by a balcony. It has four gothic windows, facing north, south, east, and west. Four minarets form its crown, connected by a wall, reminiscent of English baronial architecture. The first floor windows look rectangular from the outside, but from the interior are gothic with stained glass. A gallery extends across one end of the church, facing the pulpit. The church building is a Historical Site of the Presbyterian Historical Society.
Architectural Style: Greek Revival
Address: Rome, Ohio Located on Highway 45, just west of Rome.