search
top

Congregational and Presbyterian Church

Kinsman, Ohio 1833

The congregation, called the First United Congregational and Presbyterian Church, formed in 1831. The Kinsman family donated the site and substantial funds for the construction of the church, one of the oldest extant church in Trumbull County. The Reverend Joseph Badger, the first missionary to the Western Reserve, preached to the congregation that built the church. The interior has a beautiful coved ceiling, twin cherry stair cases on either side of the narthex, and decorated cornices and balcony. The church is located on the highest hill in the town, between two sections of the town cemetery which dates to pioneer days, and near other historic buildings.

National Register of Historic Places

Architectural Style: Greek Revival/Gothic Revival

Address: 6383 Church Street, Kinsman, Ohio

top