Disciples of Christ Church

Now, Solon Historical Society Museum

Solon, Ohio 1899

The congregation was formed in 1841; it built the first church on the site in 1845, which later burned and was replaced by the current structure. President James A. Garfield was a circuit riding preacher to this church in 1860, in the former church building. A stained glass window and small chapel are dedicated to Garfield and commemorate his connection to this congregation. Located in what was originally the town square, the building is now surrounded by a shopping center and busy streets. The congregation has moved to a new location. The building is now the headquarters of the Solon Historical Society and houses its museum.

Architectural Style: Carpenter Gothic

Address: Solon Historical Society Museum 33975 Bainbridge Rd. Solon, Ohio