Independence, Ohio 1855
The Missionary Association of Connecticut formed the congregation in 1837 with seven members. The meetings first were held in a log school house and then the town hall. In 1862 the congregation became Presbyterian in form. The building is constructed of local sandstone, and is located on the west side of the town square, in the historic downtown district. Today, the old sandstone edifice remains, but has been joined by a modern, larger church building. The two buildings are linked by a well-landscaped courtyard.
National Register of Historic Places
Architectural Style: American Vernacular