St. Christopher by the River

Gates Mills, Ohio 1853

The church was built by a Methodist congregation with donations by the town founder, Halsey Gates. In 1906 the Episcopal Church began to hold vesper services there. In 1926 a canvass of the neighborhood revealed the community wished the church to become Episcopalian, and it was established as an Episcopal mission church that year, with the name changed to St. Christopher’s by the River. It is located between the banks of the Chagrin River and the main road of the village, near other historic buildings.

National Register of Historic Places

Architecture: Greek Revival/Federal

Address: 7601 Old Mill Rd. Gates Mills, Ohio