search
top

First Congregational Church

Claridon, Ohio 1831

The congregation that built the church was established in 1827, and met in members’ homes and schools until the church was built. An ancient whitewood tree nearby provided wood for the backs of the pews, the wainscoting, and other trim in the sanctuary. The building may have had a spire at one time. The Standard Oil Company (Ohio) used a picture of the church on its 1977 calendar. The church is located in the heart of the township, next to the Township Hall Administrative Building and a town park.

National Register of Historic Places

Architectural Style: Greek Revival

Address: 13942 Mayfield Road, Huntsburg, Ohio

 

 

 

 

top