search
top

Wesleyan Methodist Church

Now, Briar Hill Cemetery Museum
Novelty, Ohio 1851-52

The church is located on the grounds of Briar Hill Cemetery, Russell Township. David and Philinda Nutt, who immigrated to Ohio from Oneida, New York, in about 1836, helped to build the church, and have an extensive family plot on the east side of the church for their many descendents. The building has been restored and is now a museum. The Methodist congregation which formerly occupied the building has moved to a new location and is called Riverview Church.

Architectural Style: American Vernacular

Address On Fairmont Road, just west of the intersection with Route 306 (Chillicothe Road), Novelty, Ohio.

top