search
top

First Congregational Church

Painesville, Ohio 1862

The Connecticut Missionary Society organized the congregation in 1810. Named “The First Church in Painesville,” it was organized under the Plan of Union, linking the Congregational and Presbyterian church policies. After leaving the “Union,” the church was first Presbyterian for a decade, then independent for another decade on the slavery issue, and finally in 1862 it became Congregational. The church is located next to the town park, clustered with the city hall and other historic structures.

Architectural Style: Gothic Revival

Address: 22 Liberty Street, Painesville, Ohio

 

 

 

top