search
top

Columbia Baptist Church

Columbia Station, Ohio 1900

Nineteen settlers formed the congregation in 1832. The first church on the site was built in 1840-48 and was torn down to make space for the current church. The church is located at the main intersection of the township, adjacent to the township hall, a cemetery, and another church. The sanctuary contains two beautiful stained glass windows. The Columbia Stone Quarry Co. donated the stone for the building, which church members carted in horse drawn farm wagons to the building site. Descendents remember hearing that many wagons were broken while carrying the heavy loads of stone, and that stables were built behind the church to house the horses.

National Register of Historic Places

Architectural Style: Gothic Revival

Address: 25514 Royalton Road, Columbia Station, Ohio

top