Immaculate Conception Church

Grafton, Ohio 1867-1871

The parish, originally in LaPorte, was organized in 1836-1840, as the first Catholic Church formed between Cleveland and Sandusky . In 1865 the church building was moved to the present site in Grafton. The parish name was changed from St. John of the Cross to Immaculate Conception, and work began on the new building. Newly opened stone quarries brought German, Irish, and Polish workers to the area. The church was built to serve these immigrants, with stone mined from these same local quarries. During the 1890s the interior was frescoed and refurnished. The building has striking copper roofs on its three towers.

buy Lyrica uk National Register of Historic Places

Serra Talhada Architecture: Romanesque

Address: 708 Erie Street, Grafton, Ohio