search
top

United Church of Huntington

Huntington, Ohio 1847

The church congregation was originally Methodist in denomination. The edifice was built in 1847 at a cost of $2,000. The church became one of the most important preaching sites on the Methodist circuit of the area, called the “Wellington Circuit.” Huntington is credited with turning out a large number of Methodist preachers in the nineteenth century. Today’s united church is composed of Baptists, Congregationalists, Wesley Methodists, and Universalists in addition to the original Methodists. This church has received extensive additions, with a new, modern sanctuary and meeting rooms attached to the north side of the original church.

National Register of Historic Places

Architectural Style: Greek Revival

Address: 26677 State Route 58, Wellington, Ohio

top