search
top

St. Marks Episcopal Church

Wadsworth, Ohio 1841

The church was built in 1841-42 by Congregationalist pioneers from New England who settled in the Western Reserve in 1814. The membership disbanded in 1885 and the building stood vacant for 7 years. Pennsylvania German Mennonites purchased and restored the church in 1892. In 1959 the Mennonites built a new church and sold the building to the Episcopal Church, which had been meeting in a city recreation facility. The Episcopalians have extensively renovated the interior. The bell tower originally had a steeple, now gone. The church is located on a small rise of land near the town square, and is the oldest remaining structure in Wadsworth.

National Register of Historic Places

Architectural Style: Greek Revival

Address: 146 College Street, Wadsworth, Ohio

top