search
top

St. Paul’s Episcopal Church

Medina, Ohio 1884

The congregation was established in 1817. Two earlier churches, a log church and a frame building, housed the congregation until the present church was completed in 1884. A parish hall and an office wing are later additions. The stone for the building was quarried locally, in Berea. The bell in the belfry was taken from the original wooden church. In 1937, to celebrate the 120th anniversary of the congregation, timber from the original log church was located and carved into hundreds of small wooden crosses. The crosses were sold as commemorative souvenirs.

National Register of Historic Places

Architectural Style: Gothic

Address: 317 E. Liberty, Medina, Ohio

 

 

top