search
top

United Church of Christ Congregational

Medina, Ohio 1881-82

The church was organized in 1819. For several years it shared a log church with the Episcopalians, who now have a stone structure next door. The current church is the second on the site, which is adjacent to the town square, in downtown Medina. The congregation has been part of the town since its founding. During the Abolitionist Movement, the church split over slavery; all members were opposed but differed on the appropriate political approach. The church came back together after the Civil War, and built the current church building in 1881-82.

Architectural Style: Gothic Revival

Address: 217 E. Liberty Street, Medina, OH

 

 

 

top