search
top

York United Methodist Church

Mallet Creek, Ohio 1877

The congregation was founded in about 1841, and held services in private homes until the first church was built in 1844. The current edifice was built at a cost of $5,000. Three thousand dollars of this was donated by one church member, Mary Ford. In her honor, a plaque above the entrance identifies the church as “Mary’s Chapel, the name by which the church is known locally.

National Register of Historic Places

Architectural Style: Gothic Revival

Address: Located at the intersection of Columbia Road (OH 252) and Norwalk (OH 18), Mallet Creek, Ohio

top