search
top

St. Peter of the Fields

Rootstown, Ohio 1868

The church is beautifully situated on a small hillside at the bend of a country road. Eighteen German immigrant families built the church, which was originally a mission parish of St. Joseph’s in Randolph. The two-room building dedicated one room for services and the other for catechism classes taught in German. The stained glass windows and stations of the cross were added between 1900 and 1910. In 2005, when the parish decided to build a new church, the old church building was slated for demolition, but was saved by a dedicated group of parishioners. The old building will become a chapel when the new church is completed.

Architecture: Federal and American Vernacular

Address: 3487 Old Forge Road, Rootstown, Ohio

 

top